Monday, March 27, 2023

Expenses: Medical Insurance and Gasoline, and Reading


Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful to have plenty of medicine right now.
2. I'm grateful to be in a warm place.
3. I'm grateful to have English Breakfast tea today.
4. I'm grateful to have already read my Bible today.
5. I'm grateful for the phone conversation I had earlier today.
Plan for the day:
1. Laundry!
2. Organize the van.
3. Follow the wheel plan.
4. Place order with Home Depot.
5. Tear down boxes.
Currently reading:
1. Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
2. Hornblower and the Hotspur by CS Forester
3. The Obsession of Victoria Gracen by Grace Livingston Hill
4. An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser
5. Lifting the Veil on the Lost Continent of Mu by James and Jack Churchward
6. The Power of Praying for Your Adult Children by Stormie Omartian

Here's how my day is going:

Wow, just found out I qualify for a medical program back to July and will get a refund from Medicare. I'm so grateful. My biggest expense in life has been medical insurance, for a few years now. This will help a lot. I can start driving my van again, out of town... things like that. Maybe take a vacation when that refund gets here. Maybe get my van fixed up like a camper-van again, like I had it before the fire. I'd like that. 

About the van - I've only been using it to drive into town about once a week for errands. Since the gas prices increased last year I decided to buy only one tank of gas each season. A tank of gas is about 100 dollars, and I can make it last three months by the power of extreme thriftiness... and just not driving very much at all. It has worked out great. However, if I felt free to go places again, it would be even better. I could stop living like a complete hermit.

However - it has been a great year for reading. Because I've spent nearly every day at home for months I managed to read over 100 books in a year. So, trade offs. I'm happy about the reading, but I'd like to see the world. Well, daydreams. I'll just wait and see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment