Monday, April 17, 2023

YouTube Community Response Discouragement

Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful I was able to create this art... I call it My Leprechaun.
2. I am grateful for more rain today. It gives me a chance to rest indoors.
3. I am grateful I was able to work a little in the garden before the rain started. It should be raining the rest of the day.
4. I am grateful for my quiet time.
5. I am grateful for my Bible study time.
Plan for the day:
1. Read "The Lost One" - a short story by Mary Stewart.
2. Watch another episode of The Chosen.
3. Clear off my art desk. Then use it.
4. Listen to the raindrops falling on the roof of my travel trailer.
5. Talk on camera for five minutes. Maybe more.
Currently reading:
1. Bible: Psalm 75, Deuteronomy 10, Luke 7:11-17.
2. The Forest Feast, Mediterranean, by Erin Gleeson
3. The Power of Praying for Your Adult Children, by Stormie Omartian
4. A Passage to India, by E.M. Forster
5. The Healing Light, by Agnes Sanford
6. Life Lessons From James, by Max Lucado

Here's how my day is going:

I'm very happy with progress made on the side-yard transformation project. There's a lot more to be done. So far I've installed six bags of wood mulch and six bags of garden soil. There's a lot more left out in the van. Little by little, day by day. This is how I will get the work done.

Now I want to write about my video making hobby. I've been doing this for 9 years already. It is clear and apparent that I'm not successful at it. Many other Booktubers overlook my channel. I subscribe to them and watch their videos and leave nice comments. They do not reciprocate. Some do, but rarely. A few I see comments from regularly, like whenever I publish a video. But for the most part, they don't reciprocate and I put out a lot more energy and goodwill than I receive back.

It is discouraging after a while. I like the idea of extending goodwill and friendship gratis, but in practice, it wears me down. I've been doing this for nine years and still don't have 1000 subscribers. Many other, normally much younger people, have over 1000 subscribers and have only done this a year or two.

Obviously, I have not been able to create a successful or popular channel. I'm discouraged and feel like quitting. The only reason I don't is that this is my hobby and I still like to make videos. I just wish I could stop caring about community response.

No comments:

Post a Comment