Friday, April 14, 2023

My Garden Project 2023

Gratitudes:

1. I am grateful I'm finally getting some positive change to my yard. The wood mulch looks great!
2. I am grateful for putting Bible study first this morning. It always makes the day better.
3. I am grateful to have a new fountain pen journal.
4. I am grateful Jesus loves me.
5. I am grateful to have hope for a shed to be built here.
Plan for the day:
1. Gardening - continue installing wood mulch and new garden soil.
2. Boxes - continue breaking them down.
3. Come up with a plan for cutting away that elm tree growth.
4. Try moving the logs.
5. Take down the old greenhouse.
Currently reading:
1. The Power of Praying for Your Adult Children by Stormie Omartian
2. Lifting the Veil on the Lost Continent of Mu, by James & Jack Churchward
3. Clinging to Hope, by Charles R. Swindoll
4. Hornblower and the Atropos, by C.S. Forester
5. The Bible from 30,000 Feet, by Skip Heitzig
6. The Wind Off the Small Isles, by Mary Stewart

Here's how my day is going:

I'm very excited about the wood mulch! I've been looking forward to it for so long. To recap - I had a lot of annoying weeds in my side yard last year. This side yard is what I face when I walk out of my travel trailer (temporary home) each day. This year I want something nicer. I want to grow flowers and herbs.

This last Monday I drove to Medford and bought 20 bags of new organic potting soil plus 10 bags of brown wood mulch. I also got some concrete blocks and red concrete paving stones. The mulch is going down on the walkway in front of my washing machine. The potting soil will be distributed behind the trailer and nearby. These areas have been covered with cardboard most of the winter in preparation for this yard transformation and to keep us from slipping on mud. (I live in such a primitive situation right now.)

So yes, I'm excited I finally got to go get the gardening supplies I needed to complete the project. Of course, now that I have the soil and mulch I have to carry it out of the van and spread it on the ground. FYI I'm 70 years old now and very out of shape because almost all last year I had plantar fasciitis and couldn't walk without extreme foot pain. So working with these bags - moving them - is a big effort for me and I can do only a little bit at a time. It doesn't matter. I can complete this yard project in very short segments.

I have 1/2 acre here, and it all needs landscaping. All of it. However I recognize my limitations. I will have to do this work one tiny section at a time. It will take years - as many years as God gives me on this land. There will be no perfection but there will be slow progress and I'll have to be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment