Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Rainy Day Notes

Gratitudes:

1. I'm so grateful for the rain today.
2. I'm grateful 4 of my Nasturtium seeds are sprouting!
3. I'm grateful I did my Bible study first thing in the morning today.
4. I'm grateful for the inspiration of God. Looking forward to more of that.
5. I'm grateful for a cup of coffee.
Plan for the day:
1. Clean off my art desk.
2. Stay inside and stay warm.
3. Finish another book.
4. Create a watercolor picture in my sketchbook.
5. Rearrange art supplies.
Currently reading:
1. Medieval Woman, by Ann Baer
2. Hornblower During the Crisis, by CS Forester
3. An Eye For Art, by the National Gallery of Art
4. The Healing Light, by Agnes Sanford
5. Purpose in Prayer, by EM Bounds
6. Foxe's Book of Martyrs, by John Foxe

Here's how my day is going:

I woke up early after only three and a half hours of sleep. That is good. I've been waking up too late during the past few weeks. I need to start getting up early, early, early again because springtime is here and I need to water the garden and work on my art in the soon-to-be shed before noon. I think in the afternoons this summer it will be too hot to work in the shed and I'll have to come back to the trailer where I have an air conditioner. All good.

You can tell I'm really looking forward to that shed, right? Only a few more weeks now until my building dates. I need to prepare the ground more... the site where I want the shed isn't quite level. Also I'd like to get some gravel to put under it.

I'm really so happy my Nasturtium seeds have started to sprout. I planted those with Aurora's help about two weeks ago. I dug the holes and she put in the seeds and covered them. We worked great together. I put them in the three wooden barrel planters I bought from Amazon. We put three seeds in the smallest, four in the medium sized planter, and then five in the largest. So far we've got four seedlings. Right now they're being pounded by rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment