Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Cooking Anxiety

Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful to have a few new audiobooks to listen to.
2. I'm grateful for the day and evening to come.
3. I'm grateful to be alive and hopeful about the future.
4. I'm grateful for a box from Mindy.
5. I'm grateful for a new gardening idea.
Plan for the day:
1. Shop for potluck food. ✔
2. Plan trip to Oregon. ✔
3. Start collection of potluck recipes.
4. Do it now. Don't procrastinate. ✔
Currently reading:
1. Smith Wigglesworth on Healing
2. Clinging to Hope by Charles R. Swindoll

Here's how my day is going:

I'm feeling some anxiety about having a potluck dinner to go to. I thought it was going to be just a Bible study but then was told all their Bible studies start with a potluck dinner. It is a great idea, except for someone like me with cooking anxiety. I can usually hide this pretty well but this time it really got to me as I am also dealing with a bad kitchen situation. I live in a small travel trailer. I have never been able to light the oven here, and the refrigerator is broken so no freezer, though I do have a small chest type refridgerator that I originally bought for my van.

There was a discussion of food via text messages and I confessed my anxiety to people some of whom are complete strangers to me. The Bible says, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard you..." (Philippian 4:6-7) however it is hard to break a lifelong anxiety. I usually handle it well but this thing about not having full use of a kitchen kind of threw me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment