Tuesday, April 04, 2023

A Disturbing Video About Lawlessness In My Part of the State

Gratitudes:
1. I am grateful to be alive and thinking today.
2. I am grateful for the community I live in.
3. I am grateful for the joy of the Lord.
4. I am grateful for the workbook re: the book of James (in the Bible).
5. I am grateful for no rain today so far.
Plan for the day:
1. A load of laundry - always a good idea. ✔
2. Finish chapter three in that workbook. ✔
3. Work on Taxation Station. ✔
4. Read more on the NetGalley book (Clinging to Hope). ✔
5. Finish reading The Cloud of Unknowing.
Currently reading:
1. The Cloud of Unknowing by an anonymous 13th century English monk.
2. Life Lessons From James by Max Lucado
3. Clinging to Hope by Charles R. Swindoll
4. The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
5. An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser
6. The Healing Light by Agnes Sanford

Here's how my day is going:

I found a video on the web that is very disturbing to me. It is about cartels that have moved into Northern California, not too far from where I live. I guess they moved here around 2016 when I was living in Northern Idaho. I came back in 2019 but I didn't know about the huge number of H'mong people who had moved to the Sierra Vista subdivision just north of Mt. Shasta until 2020. I discovered this because my home burned in 2020 and for a few months after that I was living in a hotel room in Yreka. I noticed that there were a lot of H'mong people in the laundromats in town whenever I went there. I suspected they were H'mong as I used to be a AFDC caseworker for over 400 H'mong families in Tulare County back in the 1980's/1990's. That was when they first arrived in California from Southeast Asia.

Well, here we are thirty years later and the children of those original families are here growing marijuana for a cartel that has bought up all the cheap Sierra Vista subdivision land that nobody else wanted. Unfortunately these are apparently mostly illegal grow operations though our state has legalized marijuana. I personally do not use it. I've tried it and cannot stand the cerebral effects or the way it makes me feel. I don't know why anyone likes that feeling. Living in reality is so much better. I think it is a good medicine for people dying of cancer or something like that, but I just don't understand the draw for people to use it for recreation. 

Anyhow, it is a very disturbing video about what's happening east of Yreka. There are long-time farmers and others in that area who are being deeply affected, especially in regard to the water being stolen, and general lawlessness. I hope there will be a solution. I feel it is essential to try to follow the laws of the area we live in and not to bully anyone using the race card. All races should be welcome - so long as they're willing to abide by the laws. That's not what's happening there.


No comments:

Post a Comment