Friday, April 07, 2023

Good Friday Musings on a Rainy Afternoon.

Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful I'm still alive today.
2. I'm grateful it isn't raining right now. It was pouring for hours last night! (Not too long after I wrote this it started raining again.)
3. I'm grateful a new friend offered to pick up something at Costco for me today. I've never shopped at Costco and wouldn't know what to ask for, but I thought that was very kind of her! I just met her at the Bible study a few days ago.
4. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ. Today is Good Friday, anniversary of the day of His torture and crucifixion. It is mind-boggling to think of the pain He went through because of His love for us.
5. I'm grateful for being grateful, for having a generally positive attitude about life.
Plan for the day:
1. Van reorganization ✔
2. Laundry ✔
Currently reading:
1. Adventuring Through the Bible by Ray Stedman
2. Cloud of Unknowing by an anonymous 13th century English monk
3. An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser
4. Clinging to Hope by Charles R. Swindoll
5. The Bible From 30,000 Feet by Skip Heitzig
6. Lifting the Veil on the Lost Continent of Mu by James Churchward and Jack Churchward

Here's how my day is going:

The rain is back already. I need for it to go away so I can clean out my van before Sunday. Rain, rain, go away - come again some other day.

I feel better today than I did yesterday. Yesterday was a brain fog kind of day for me. Today I am sure I can get more done. Maybe this is because I remembered to take my hypothyroid medication last night.

I'm so looking forward to having that shed built next month. It will be my storage place, my office and my art studio. Too bad it will be single wall construction with no air conditioning, electricity or heating! I will survive. I can see myself getting up early to use my art studio before it gets too hot in the afternoon.

Today is Good Friday. Thank You Jesus for what you endured and did for us to save us from our sins. My heart is Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment