Thursday, March 23, 2023

Local Newspaper Has Almost No Local News


Gratitudes:

1. Thankful for my art hobby.
2. Grateful for my art supplies.
3. I'm grateful for my relationship with Jesus Christ.
4. I'm grateful for the furnace keeping me warm on a cold night.
5. I'm grateful for clean blankets.
Plan for the day:
1. Read
2. Blog
Currently reading:
1. Life on the Applegate Trail (nearly done!) by Linda Lochard
2. The Cloud of Unknowing by Anonymous 13th Century English Monk
3. Hornblower and the Hotspur by CS Forester
4. The Obsession of Victoria Gracen by Grace Livingston Hill
5. Clinging to Hope by Charles Swindoll
6. Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Here's how my day is going:

I took an early evening nap because I couldn't stay awake. I woke up again at 10:30pm. I originally woke up at 8am this morning. I don't like my issues with sleep habits, however since I have no place to go, it isn't a huge problem right now. 

I didn't get much done today, sorry to say. The weather is terrible. We got lots of wind rocking the travel trailer I live in, and then lots of rain. No snow so far. (It was predicted.)

My local newspaper had NO local news on the front page and very little inside. I guess USA Today bought that newspaper a few years ago and it looks like there's a lot of that kind of news in it now, rather than local news. 

This week the only two front page stories were about eagles in the SF Bay Area and flooding strawberry fields in Salinas and Watsonville. We live nowhere near those places! We're about 300 miles north of there.

I tried to cancel my subscription on the online news website. The website won't let me cancel my subscription - it says "We're sorry, something went wrong. The server is temporarily unavailable." It works fine for everything except canceling my subscription. I will call them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment