Friday, March 24, 2023

Conversation With Self About Focusing on God

Gratitudes:
1. I'm grateful for watercolor paints!
2. I'm grateful that I have a wonderful future planned out for me by God.
3. I'm grateful for a little sunshine on a rainy day. Where's the rainbow?
4. I'm grateful for my sanity. Yes, you heard that.
5. I'm grateful for music - what an amazing gift to humankind!


Plan for the day:
1. Web work...
2. Reading as usual
3. Wash the green shag blanket
4. Dance and sing praises to the Lord
5. Write a new song


Currently reading:
1. Life Along the Applegate Trail by Linda Lochard (will finish today)
2. Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
3. Ireland a Novel by Frank Delaney
4. Hornblower and the Hotspur by CS Forester
5. The Obsession of Victoria Gracen by Grace Livingston Hill
6. Lifting the Veil on the Lost Continent of Mu by James and Jack Churchward

Conversation With Self:

Her: Linda, once in a while you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

Me: What are you getting at?

Her: What is most important to you?

Me: God. My relationship with Jesus. Holy Spirit working in my life.

Her: How much of your life is actually consumed with this?

Me: It is hard to put a percentage to it. Just guessing but I'd say - maybe 10 percent? I mean, just in time spent reading the Bible and Christian literature, praying, worship songs, things like that. Maybe not as much as 10 percent, but wouldn't that be a great thing? It would be like tithing that part of my life to God.

Her: Sounds good, but the Bible says, "Pray Without Ceasing." (1 Thessalonians 5:17) 

Me: How does one do that? God knows I need to turn my attention to other things like doing laundry, cooking, reading secular books, etc. I cannot focus on God 100% of the time because I'm only human.

Her: "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. ." (Colossians 3:23-24)

Me: So when I do laundry...

Her: The Lord wants you to have clean clothes, so you are serving Him when you take care of yourself.

Me: Got it. I will try to keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment