Saturday, November 05, 2022

General Update As We Get Into November


Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful to have plenty of watercolor paints.
2. I'm grateful to have a new book/workbook nearby.
3. I'm grateful to be optimistic.
4. I'm grateful to have gardening plans.
5. I'm grateful to be on track this morning with priorities.
Plan for the day:
1. Bible Study first. Priorities!
2. Start reading The Bible at 30,000 Feet.
3. Get back to ink painting.
4. Finish laundry started yesterday.
5. Clean the kitchen.
Currently reading:
1. Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God, by Francis Chan
2. The Moonspinners, by Mary Stewart
3. The Screwtape Letters, by CS Lewis
4. Amazing Grace, by Eric Metaxas
5. The Bible at 30,000 Feet, by Skip Heitzig

Here's how my day is going:

I haven't heard from my youngest son in a while and it is wearing on me. Note: It has only been two weeks. Maybe I'm over-reacting. Right? I have older children I haven't heard for in months, and it doesn't bother me so much, but I'm used to hearing from Aaron. I love those phone calls!

I'm starting a new Bible study that will take at least a year, and probably much longer. Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I know I have a problem with consistency, but I do have a study partner and I hope that will help keep me on track with this book. There's a workbook involved, and lots of questions to answer.

I'm starting to get a build-up of paperwork to take care of. This is frightful. I find it so difficult to do these things.

My Connect Group leader dropped out, for good reasons (God bless her abundantly) and so I'm starting a new Connect Group soon. The Connect Group is for church fellowship.

Twitter has become a new obsession for me, since Elon Musk took it over a few days ago. Right now we're about to have an election, two days from now. I'm hoping things will calm down after that. I can get into political bantering, but I'm resisting. That's not my primary reason for being on the platform. I don't like the politics because there are too many evil people out there who want to destroy those who don't think like they do. It is a crazy, polarized country we live in now. So sad. Good v. Evil, for sure. Here's my link: https://twitter.com/lindajomartin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment