Monday, October 24, 2022

Happy Rainy Day - Reading Under a Blanket


Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful to be reading a book about generosity.
2. I'm grateful to have a warm trailer to sit in on a cold rainy day.
3. I'm grateful for God's presence and my awareness of His presence.
4. I'm grateful for the blessing of an art hobby.
5. I'm grateful for the internet that keeps me connected with others around the world.
Plan for the day:
1. Clear off the art studio table.
2. Let go of the past in the form of paper clutter.
3. Eat more Mediterranean Diet type foods.
4. Read my books. So important to me!
5. Dance, because... why not? It is good exercise!
Currently reading:
1. The book of Galatians, deep study.
2. How to Study Your Bible, by Kay Arthur, and others.
3. Holy Transformation, by Chip Ingram - last chapter!
4. Book of Romans Bible study workbook - chapter 13.
5. The Screwtape Letters, by CS Lewis - I'm starting chapter 5.
6. One Simple Act, by Debbie Macomber - chapter 3.

Here's how my day is going: I'm having a magical day. It rained out there, but I'm inside sitting in a comfortable chair, covered with a warm sweater and a cozy fuzzy peach colored blanket. I am so happy. I already did my Bible study this morning but also have some great Christian books to read throughout the day. I'm especially loving Debbie Macomber's nonfiction book on generosity, One Simple Act.

True confession: I've never read anything by Debbie Macomber before. I know she's a very popular author of books for women, but I've never been into reading the small paperbacks sold in supermarkets. So strange. I'm getting into reading Christian fiction as of this very year, and definitely have it in my heart and mind to read something by Debbie Macomber! Plus - she lives in the Pacific Northwest, so I feel a sense of sisterhood for that reason alone.

The art: Today's painting is a watercolor I created last Sunday (yesterday) while listening to Pastor Skip preach about Colossians 3:22. I am finding it to be a great blessing to paint during sermons as it helps me listen and focus on what the pastor is saying. At this point in my life (I'm 70 this year) I'm having a problem focusing, so I feel like I have to do something while listening. Crochet would be an option, but right now I'm using my watercolor travel kit. It has a very small paint box by Winsor-Newton, and I use a waterbrush so don't really have to deal with a jar of water while I sit here painting. I'm so glad this watercolor travel kit survived the 2020 forest fire that destroyed my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment