Saturday, September 17, 2022

Acrylic Ink Paintings in a Sketchbook


Gratitudes:

1. Grateful I was able to create and post two videos this week.
2. Grateful for waking up early today.
3. Grateful for better art supply organization today.
Plan for the day:
1. Review the book I finished last night.
2. Clean (bottles) and use the inks I found while organizing art supplies this morning.
3. Organize art journals.
Currently reading:
1. Bible: Galatians (and commentaries)
2. Write Like a Writer
3. Evalina - close to the end now

I am very much enjoying my art adventure with Daler Rowney fluorescent acrylic inks! Sometimes it is hard to get started with a new type of art supply, but I'm so happy I finally opened these and started painting with them. I tried them in two journals with very different types of paper. The paper in the Scribbles That Matter journal is thicker and great for these inks, but there are dots on the paper that show through. The paper I did this painting on is much thinner but has no dots. It is in a Leuchtterm1917 softcover journal. It seems to be perfect for what I need so I plan to do a lot of experimental art in there with these art supplies: #2 pencil, acrylic inks, and a Faber-Castell 0.5 India ink pen.

Here's a video I posted to my Adventures in Creativity YouTube channel.



No comments:

Post a Comment