Monday, September 19, 2022

Afraid To Post? Don't Be Like That


Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful for colorful inks to paint with.
2. I'm grateful for a playful spirit at age 70.
3.  I'm grateful I don't feel like I have to dye my hair blonde to feel younger at age 70.
Plan for the day:
1. Take care of my compost bin issues.
2. Call DMV to find out what happened to my auto registration.
3. Do some more painting, just for fun.
Currently reading:
1. Galatians, Adventuring Through the Bible, etc.
2. Evaline by Frances Burney (nearly done)
3. How to Write Like a Writer

I almost didn't post this silly-looking painting to Instagram and Facebook yesterday - but then I decided, why not? This little image actually makes me happy to look at. I love the idea of floating... and I didn't know if the woman was floating through space, through the water, or through life. I guess I'm floating through life.

I read, earlier today, that art shows us what we're really like inside. I'm not sure that's true for all my art, but sure enough, I think I'm happy with the sensation of floating... especially in a protective suit with a helmet. Lately I've been wanting more security. Isn't that what every woman wants, until they reach a place where they're smothered by people wanting to drive their lives? 

I'm facing the reality that there's no safe place in life. We all live in a danger zone where death is certain and life is just God's grace to us so long as it lasts.

Anyhow, I don't want to be afraid to post my sketchbook art, even if it is a bit silly. I like that this is a bright and colorful painting. That's what matters to me. It makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment