Thursday, April 23, 2020

Travel Writing



In my dreams.

Bible verse of the day:

"You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross." - Colossians 2:13-15

Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful for book lists and challenges.

2. I'm grateful to have a way to easily get downtown today.

3. I'm grateful to be a grateful child of God.

Plan for the day:

1. Prayer. ✓

2. Gardening: mow the front yard. ✓

3. Shopping trip. ✓

4. Read a few chapters of American Dirt. ✓

Quote of the day:

"Dr. Jekyll climbed his own tower of Babel and fell to the earth with a resounding thud as his medical miracle experiment produced the worst sort of result with himself as the unexpecting victim." ― From my review of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Currently reading:
 
1. Abandoned Parents: The Devil's Dilemma, page 79 out of 96

2. Ramona, by Helen Hunt Jackson, a classic, page 160 out of about 350... reading on my Kindle

3. In The Pray For America Bible - Joshua 1/24, Psalm 79/150, Proverbs 12/31, Luke 19/24

4. Wild Women, Wild Voices, by Judy Reeves, page 41/223

5. American Dirt, by Jeanine Cummins

In the news:

Threats to the USA food supply

Insight of the day:

TBA

Poem of the day:

The Holy Attitude

Patience won't happen overnight...
Not when I think I need it;
Not when I feel I can't wait.

Patience is elusive...
Thoughts of it haunt me
When I'm weak with haste.

Patience is not a method;
Reliance on God is the method.

Patience is not a goal;
God's Will is the goal.

Patience is an attitude, a holy attitude,
Developed from a lifetime of
Restless anticipation.

I wrote this on October 7, 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment