Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Children's Literature



I used to have a goal of reading all the Newbery Medal books. I read a lot of them, but not all, and at this point I've lost interest in reading anything written for children or teens. I still read some YA and I'm still working on some things I wrote long ago for young people. Right now I'm learning the art of illustration.

Bible verse of the day:

"For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead." - Colossians 2:12

Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful for the van I sleep in.

2. I'm grateful for a rainy day.

3. I'm grateful God gives us everything we need.

Plan for the day:

1. Prayer. ✓

2. Finish watching Broadchurch. ✓

Quote of the day:

"A childhood without books – that would be no childhood. That would be like being shut out from the enchanted place where you can go and find the rarest kind of joy." ― Astrid Lindgren

Currently reading:
 
1. Abandoned Parents: The Devil's Dilemma, page 79 out of 96

2. Ramona, by Helen Hunt Jackson, a classic, page 160 out of about 350... reading on my Kindle

3. In The Pray For America Bible - Joshua 1/24, Psalm 79/150, Proverbs 12/31, Luke 19/24

4. Wild Women, Wild Voices, by Judy Reeves, page 41/223

5. American Dirt, by Jeanine Cummins

In the news:

Threats to the USA food supply

Insight of the day:

Don't think about it - just do it.

Poem of the day:

Traveling Gift

Wherever you may travel,
Wherever you may go,
There's something you take with you,
Something special that you know.

Across the bluest oceans,
While walking along the shore,
Or in the mountain ranges
That rose slowly from earth's core.

While visiting great cities,
While meeting people there,
Seeing how they work and live,
There's something we still share.

No matter how far you travel,
Wherever you may be,
Still my love stays with you,
That's a traveling gift from me.

[I wrote this on June 30, 1986]

No comments:

Post a Comment