Friday, April 24, 2020

Favorite Psalms



From 2015 . . . one of the longest videos I've ever made.

Bible verse of the day:

"So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality. Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels, saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud, and they are not connected to Christ, the head of the body. For he holds the whole body together with its joints and ligaments, and it grows as God nourishes it." - Colossians 2:16-19

Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful to have my archive of over 200 YouTube videos. Great Fun.

2. I'm grateful for every Bible I own.

3. I'm grateful to have spring water to drink. Hallelujah! God's gifts are great.

Plan for the day:

1. Prayer. ✓

2. Make the Maybe Midrash TBR video. ✓

3. Gardening: mow the front yard. ✓

4. Read a few chapters of American Dirt. ✓

Quote of the day:

"To be evenminded is the greatest virtue. Wisdom is to speak the truth and act in keeping with its nature." ― Heraclitus, Fragments

Currently reading:
 
1. Abandoned Parents: The Devil's Dilemma, page 79 out of 96

2. Ramona, by Helen Hunt Jackson, a classic, page 160 out of about 350... reading on my Kindle

3. In The Pray For America Bible - Joshua 1/24, Psalm 79/150, Proverbs 12/31, Luke 19/24

4. Wild Women, Wild Voices, by Judy Reeves, page 41/223

5. American Dirt, by Jeanine Cummins - chapter 11/40

In the news:

Authoritarian Harvard professor wants to ban homeschooling because it’s ‘authoritarian’ - There are two sides to every story, and sometimes overgeneralizing doesn't work well if you want to be taken seriously.

Insight of the day:

Life's good. God is good. Always and forever.

Poem of the day:

Treasure Hunter

On a ship in the rain
A storm over sea
Thunder threatens
To silence me

Beyond the horizon
A treasure I seek
Sharks surround
For more than a week

My treasure awaits
Not silver or gold
Not jewels or money
Will my heart hold

Pirates won’t care
For what I need
Some can’t see
What starts as a seed

I sail on joyously
Rain pours over me
I lift my face to it
Drenched and free

Written by me in 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment