Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Sanctification

The process of sanctification is something that surprised me when I became a Christian in 2013, at the age of 61. Like a lot of people I already thought I was "a good person" as there were a lot of sins I hadn't committed, but during the weeks following my decision to give my life to Jesus, the Holy Spirit reminded me of many incidents in my past that I needed to ask forgiveness for.

While looking for quotes on "cleansing" and "sanctification" this morning I came across one that said we should cleanse ourselves. I had to disagree. We don't have the insight to cleanse ourselves, but with God's wisdom and help we can be cleansed. This is sanctification. This is what it takes to be made holy.

Sanctification isn't an easy or pleasant process but it is a step we take to be reconciled to the Lord and His purpose for our lives. Seeking His forgiveness for our past errors will open the door to a blessed future.



Bible verse of the day:

"Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God."
- 2 Corinthians 7:1

Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful for a peaceful morning.

2. I'm grateful for the gift of hearing.

3. I'm grateful for my solitude.

Plan for the day:

1. Prayer. ✓

2. Bible reading: Psalms, Proverbs. ✓

3. Booktube.

4. Read 2 chapters of I Capture the Castle.

5. Read (listen to) 2 chapters of The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires.

6. Clean the east wall in the bedroom I'm planning to paint.

7. Clean the bathroom door to get it ready to paint.

Quote of the day:

"We don't enjoy the cleansing; sometimes we even opt for the dirt over the ice cream. 'I can eat dirt if I want to!' we pout and proclaim. Which is true—we can. But if we do, the loss is ours. God has a better offer."
― Max Lucado, Just Like Jesus

Currently reading:
 
1. The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires, by Grady Hendrix
2. I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith.
3. Finding Divine Wisdom: Working with the Holy Spirit in your creativity, by J. Scott McElroy.

Bible reading - I'm reading five chapters of Psalms each morning, plus one chapter of Proverbs. Also other books as the day goes on. Right now I'm focusing on the book of Judges.



Connect with me on social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lindajomartinwriter
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lindajomartin
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bookladylinda
Goodreads: http://goodreads.com/lindajm


No comments:

Post a Comment