Thursday, April 16, 2020

Talking About Forgiveness



I made this video about forgiveness a few years ago. I'm thinking of cutting my hair short again!

Bible verses of the day:

"Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.”" - Jesus, Luke 17:3-4

Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to shop for different insurance for my van.

2. I'm grateful to know where I can get wood chips for my garden.

3. I'm grateful to be blessed with wonderful and caring friends!

Plan for the day:

1. Prayer. ✓

2. Read the Bible. (Luke 15-18) ✓

3. Shop for new van insurance. ✓

4. Move the 5 gallon buckets and other things I see from my kitchen window. ✓

5. Reread the first chapters of my memoir and possibly add to them.

Quote of the day:

"The best hygiene for beginning writers or intermediate writers is to write a hell of a lot of short stories. If you can write one short story a week—it doesn’t matter what the quality is to start, but at least you’re practicing, and at the end of the year you have 52 short stories, and I defy you to write 52 bad ones. Can’t be done. At the end of 30 weeks or 40 weeks or at the end of the year, all of a sudden a story will come that’s just wonderful." ― Ray Bradbury

Currently reading:
 
1. Lonesome Dove, chapter 89.

2. Abandoned Parents: The Devil's Dilemma, page 79 out of 96

3. Ramona, by Helen Hunt Jackson, a classic, page 160 out of about 350... reading on my Kindle

4. In The Pray For America Bible - Joshua 1/24, Psalm 79/150, Proverbs 12/31, Luke 15-18/24

5. Wild Women, Wild Voices, by Judy Reeves, page 41/223

In the news:

Alabama family denied entry to storm shelter during tornado outbreak due to no face coverings

Insight of the day:

Be patient for your Lord is patient.

Poem of the day:

forever peaceful
water falling beckons me
where gray wet rocks sing

No comments:

Post a Comment