Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Fish? Or Miner's Lettuce and Pine Needles?

Today is my youngest child's 14th birthday.

He just got back from a fishing trip. Now, there's something I never wanted to do. Fish. Something about the look of dead fish doesn't seem appetizing to me. But to each his own.

I was happy he went fishing with his friends.. and one of the friends' father. Out of the group, my son is the only one who doesn't know his father. Its not like we mope around being sad about that all the time, but I thought it was way-cool that he got to go on a fishing trip with someone else's father so he could see what it was like.

I also am happy he's learning to get food. The way the world's going, he might need that skill for survival someday. If he can go to a lake, kill a fish and eat it he would be more likely to live through disaster than someone like me who would try surviving on miner's lettuce and pine needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment