Tuesday, May 25, 2004

My Dog and the Local Wildlife

I have been working all night (web design job) and for the last hour my border collie, Mairi, has been very restless. I think something's out there, if you know what I mean. It could be Bigfoot or aliens, but I doubt it.

Almost as scary, it could be a cougar. We've had one circling around through our neighborhood for months now. A few nights ago it was spotted taking a midnight stroll through the Bear Cove Cabins just downhill.

I saw it on our porch one night a few months ago - we don't leave cat food out there any more.

We've heard its call many times, but I've never actually seen one except for that one night it was on the porch. I turned on the light then opened the door as it was leaving. I am happy I only saw the back end of it... in hasty retreat.

My Mairi chased it down the driveway - brave doggie... or foolhardy. Probably the latter. She's really into protecting her family. I won't go outside at night without her... we know if anything's out there she'll be the first to react.

No comments:

Post a Comment