Saturday, October 03, 2026

Review: Sketchbook Joy: How to Embrace Your Creativity and Fill Your Sketchbooks with Colour

Sketchbook Joy: How to Embrace Your Creativity and Fill Your Sketchbooks with Colour Sketchbook Joy: How to Embrace Your Creativity and Fill Your Sketchbooks with Colour by Katie Moody
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Good for a beginning sketchbook artist.

I've read a number of books about sketchbook art. This one was certainly thorough! It includes sections on motivation, tools, mediums, color theory and techniques. There's also a good offering of potential projects to choose from.

The book is full of Katie Moody's sketchbook art in full color. It is uplifting to sift through the book just to look at the pictures. She makes this hobby look like something achievable by almost anyone. I appreciate her encouragement and because of this book, subscribed to her YouTube channel. There's always more for me to learn.

Since I'm not a beginner anymore I'm getting tired of reading sections on tools and mediums, etc. - but if you're going to write a book to appeal to beginners, one would have to include those, right? Maybe it is an indicator for myself that I should stop buying books that are written for beginners!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment