Sunday, September 29, 2024

A Quiet Sunday At Home... Until Something Crashed

Gratitudes:
1. I'm grateful for a quiet Sunday.
2. I'm grateful for online church services.
3. I'm grateful for a great book to read.
4. I'm grateful I finally decided what to rename my home-type YouTube channel.
5. I'm grateful for the letters and art Vincent Van Gogh left to us.
Plan for the day:
1. Put things together. (sewing table, storage cart, ladder)
2. Make a smoothie in my new blender.
3. Start a new painting.
4. Read more of the Jo Van Gogh memoir.
5. Sort out a few papers - file or trash them.
Currently reading:
1. A Memoir of Vincent Van Gogh, by Jo Van Gogh Bonger
2. The Great Bridge, by David MacCullough
3. Bible: Psalms, Romans
4. Brave Intuitive Painting, by Flora Bowley

Here's how my day is going:

I woke up early, ready to start the day after a remarkable 8 and 1/2 hours of sleep. So unusual for me! I watched the church service of North Country Chapel in Post Falls, Idaho... where I was saved in 2013. I still like listening to Pastor Bob, though I live considerably further south now, near the border of Oregon and California. Next I listened to the local church service but there were some buffering problems on Facebook so I decided to listen to it later, rather than trying to continue with the livestream.

I cleaned the kitchen and did some laundry, and read for a while in the memoir about Van Gogh. Then I heard a crash in the back room. I apprehensively walked to the back of the hallway and saw that my plein air easel had fallen over. One of the legs was not tightly bolted enough, and had collapsed. It looked like a big mess but was fairly easy to clean up as it turned out. The paints and brushes that had fallen onto the floor were quickly cleaned and everything put back together inside ten minutes.

My hope today is to start a painting using the prompts in the book, Brave Intuitive Painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment