Sunday, April 02, 2023

Sunday Thoughts - I Went to Church Today

Gratitudes:
1. I'm grateful I'll have an art studio and can hopefully soon be able to resume making videos for my art YouTube channel, Adventures in Creativity.
2. I'm grateful that I went to church today with my granddaughter!
3. I'm grateful to have a Bible study to go to at my church.
4. I'm grateful to have a new fountain pen journal to replace the one I probably lost in the fire. The picture today is from my old (probably gone forever) fountain pen journal. I like to paint with ink.
5. I'm grateful that Jesus loves me.
Plan for the day:
1. Church (already did that).
2. Reading books.
3. Editing pages on my Prayer Power website.
Currently reading:
1. Bible study book - re: book of James
2. The Golden Goblet
3. Clinging to Hope
4. Adventuring Through the Bible
5. The Cloud of Unknowing
6. The Healing Light

Here's how my day is going:

I had a lovely time at church with my granddaughter, Pastor Jim, Wendy, Bill, Helen, Dorie and Greg. Yes, it is a small church! That's because we live in a small town!

I'm back home in my trailer now. I'd like to read the Bible study book Pastor Jim gave me to catch up with the group. They're in chapter three already. This is good - I've been thinking lately about studying the book of James though I'm reading the Bible from the start this year (not chronologically) and I'm only in Luke now in the New Testament... and Deuteronomy in the Old Testament. I like to read from both.

That's about all. I have some books to read and would like to make lunch.

This was my first time to go to church in about a year. I was in a bad health situation last year, which is why I quit going... but I'm feeling better now. Yesterday my granddaughter came to my door and asked if I would go to church with her today, and I took it as being the Lord's way of telling me it is time to go back to church.

We walked over there with umbrellas in the rain. It was kind of fun. It is so nice to have a church in the neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment