Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Book Loving

I've been working on my annual TBR list over at my main blog: http://lindajomartin.com ... For the last three years I've been doing the PopSugar Reading Challenge and I keep track of my books for each prompt on that blog, and also record when I read a book.

I never manage to get all the books read. I'm a slow reader, unfortunately. I'd like to read a lot more than I actually do. In 2018 I've read 17 books from my PopSugar TBR list. That's less than half of the books I chose. Every year it is like that. I've read 25 books from the 2017 list, and 26 books from the 2016 list. Still I plod ever onward in my journey, wanting to read more, do more, learn more, and be enriched more by these wonderful books.

According to my 2018 page at Goodreads, I've read 25 books this year. I'm currently reading The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.

I read both fiction and nonfiction. I have a desire to read more variety and so I'm setting a goal to read one book in each of five categories, each month during 2019:

1. a recently published novel
2. a nonfiction book
3. a Newbery list book
4. a classic
5. a novel I wrote (in other words, do a full revision)

There can be some overlap or rule breaking. I won't hold myself to a strict interpretation of this list. After all, I'm not doing this for anything but pleasure and self-enrichment. I'm too old to be hard on myself. I have no reason to be.

Happy reading, everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment