Saturday, January 10, 2015

An Update - My Life During 2013 and 2014

A lot has happened since I last posted here.

1. In March 2013 Bob's instability and indecisiveness helped me reach a breaking point for my residency in Happy Camp and for the relationship. I became 100% determined to move and leave him, to the point that my emotions died. I truly felt emotionally flat and desperate to change my situation there.

2. I decided to move to Idaho, and proceeded to downsize. Bob wanted to go with me. I threw away bag after bag of needless things, gave things away, gave most of my books to the library book sale, gave writing books to the Chamber of Commerce, sold what was left of my furniture including my grandmother's bedroom set which I really didn't want to sell... but I realized the need to sell my furniture so I could move more easily. [It turned out to be a good idea.]

3. The day before my move to Idaho, Bob annoyed me for the last time by threatening to burn down the house with me in it, and I told him I never wanted to see him again. He finally (!) agreed to remove all his possessions from the U-Haul truck we were loading, and the house, and he vanished into my memory. I missed him for a while, but no longer do. I'm happy he's no longer part of my life. He is a narcissist and I needed peace of mind . . . and indeed, I do have peace of mind now.

4. I gave my car to Bob before he vanished. I gave my van to my son... neither were working well enough that I wanted responsibility for them anymore. I decided that I wanted to be car-less so I'd be forced to get more exercise - walking and cycling.

5. I drove myself to Idaho, but not before I nearly died from heat exhaustion while cleaning out the house I vacated.

6. I found a nice apartment in Post Falls, Idaho only hours before I would have been forced to live in a homeless shelter.

7. Two weeks later I walked into a church for the first time in many years, and gave my life and heart to Jesus.

8. I attended a lot of church services and Bible studies, and made new friends. All my closest friends here in Idaho are Christians.

9. I started the Book Lady YouTube Channel and made a lot of videos in 2014.

10. I was baptized on July 4, 2014. Freedom in Christ.

11. I trained myself to ride a bicycle and took a 37-mile bike journey on October 4, 2014. I rode on the North Idaho Centennial Trail from the Washington state line to the end of the trail on the eastern edge of Lake Coeur d'Alene.

12. Now I'm in the process of moving again, to another apartment in Post Falls. I'm leaving a ground floor apartment to live in a third floor apartment. . . and I'm very happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment