Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Lemonade Diet

I'm back.

A few months ago I met someone somewhere on a message board who was doing the lemonade diet, also known as the Master Cleanse. It is a fast during which you drink lemonade made with fresh lemons, real maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and spring water.

It took me some time to psych myself up to doing this, but now I'm on day 11 of the fast and am very pleased with it. I'm feeling great - very energetic and happy. And I'm detoxing from years of unhealthy food and medication injestion, so I know good things are happening because of this fast.

The fast is supposed to last anywhere from ten to forty days. I'm not sure at this point where I'll call it off. Many people talk about the pink tongue... which is what you're supposed to have when all the toxins in your system are gone. Well, so far my tongue is not at all pink, so I'll have to wait for that sign. Of course I could continue with several short Master Cleanses... like ten to twenty days each, rather than pushing this one all the way to the forty day limit. But for now, I'm happy that I got past day ten and have no urge to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment