Friday, June 11, 2004

Reading Other People's Blogs

You know, I just now realized I really prefer reading women's blogs instead of mens... usually. I was looking through the pages of bloggers at blogger.com and kept coming across men's lists of interests ... where they shared one interest with me. And most of the rest of what they listed was for me like reading a foreign language. Technology? Sports? Count me out! I would just prefer to read women ranting about their failing relationships or showing off about what perfect kids they have or fretting over some wretched incident that happened at work that day.

To me this just goes to show how men and women think differently. And of course... there's some men and women who cross over and are able to communicate with the other sex effectively. For them I'll be grateful.

In the meantime... I wonder why there aren't more older women such as myself blogging. I've found two recently. One was a new blogger and after leaving her a comment complimenting her blog and promising to return - she never posted again! I wonder if I scared her away.

5 comments:

  1. Re: men and women's blog.
    I kinda understand. Lots of guys blogs out there bore me to tears. I LIKE technology but I also like what's going on in my life. And, as an aspiring writer, I find more writer's blogs by women than men.

    At the same time, I'm always on the lookout for men's blogs with similar interests to my own. Case in point: role-playing games (rpg). While there are women who play and who post on their blogs about the subject, they don't focus in the directions that I like and (most) guys who play rpgs do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed reading your blog, Joel. I guess its because we have writing in common - and you do tend to write about things going on in your life like when you were writing about getting the house ready for your new TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to ask you, Linda. This is such a great entry that I was wondering if you'd let me post a link to it on my main blog. I'll articulate my thoughts (similar to my Comment) and ask folks what they think of your entry.

    NOTE: Won't be hurt if you say no :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go ahead... though I'm not sure what's good about this.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading women's blogs. My blog is designed to help men in their relationships with women, although it's very new (only up for 24 hours). I certainly hope women as well as men will visit my blog and leave their feedback, I would love to hear yours: http://neelsen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete