Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Chicken Pox and Gardening

I have so much to do today - and am feeling sick. I've already been up and working since 2 am.

My son just got over chicken pox and my daughter is getting them - though since she had a shot we hope it won't be as severe a case.

I had them when I was very young. I don't remember being sick as much as I remember when my mother told me it was okay to go back outside and play again. We were living in a house on Mira Vista Drive in El Cerrito then - and I remember being able to go outside to play on the swing - and my mom cutting my fingernails - and her putting clothes on the line or taking them down... something like that.

It was a pretty yard with lots of flowers.

This morning I went outside and planted the rest of my flower seeds. We've already got some things coming up in the garden. Hopefully a lot of these seeds will grow too. We bought new topsoil for the flower bed this year. My son has worked hard to landscape the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment