Monday, April 21, 2003

Monday, April 21 - I fell asleep at about 10 last night, listening to Barbara Simpson on Coast To Coast AM. When I woke up Keith had tuned the radio to Ray Taliaferro on KGO and he was going on and on about his anti-war views... it was kinda annoying. Maybe I was unimpressed because I'd just watched this flash about 911 earlier in the evening. Anyhow, I woke up and it was around 2 am... and both kids were still awake. Good thing my daughter doesn't have to go to school until Tuesday, but I think she's going to have a hard time adjusting to getting up at 6 am again.

Sunday, April 20 - Today was my daughter's 14th birthday. Hard to believe she's that old! We had a great day... yeah, I know it was Easter too... but other than the traditional egg hunt we didn't do anything special to celebrate. Nothing against Jesus - I respect Him - but I don't like to go to Easter sunrise services (or any other church services) and I don't cook big meaty traditional holiday feasts, so that didn't happen. We had pizza, sodas, chips and dip, and the two cakes my kids made yesterday... and the ice cream of course. My daughter got some interesting books in the mail from her aunt and will be getting (from us) a new tv and satellite setup for her room, plus $150 to spend on clothes at the mall. That, of course, is her favorite kind of gift... no matter what, she loves to get money and new clothes.

In other good news... my oldest son, Joshua, just wrote to me so I now know where he is and that he and his new wife, Rosa, are surviving the first year of marriage. She's from Peru and they speak only Spanish at home. I think that would be so challenging... but Joshua has self-taught himself several languages, Spanish being one of them. I speak Spanish too... but I have a hard time understanding it when someone else speaks to me. I say, "no puedo comprender" a lot... but not to Rosa as I haven't had the opportunity to meet her yet. (I don't travel much these days, and last I heard Josh has no car.)

No comments:

Post a Comment