Friday, April 25, 2003

From the Friday Five:

1. What was the last TV show you watched?

Its been a long time. I don't watch much TV. At the end of January I watched a 2-program exposé about CPS on the PBS show, Frontline. The first week was about the tragic death of a five-year-old foster child, Logan Marr - a child unjustly abducted into state fosterincarceration. A social worker became the fosterer who murdered her. The second week was a look inside the department, following caseworkers as they harassed, persecuted, and traumatized parents and children, plus an in-studio group discussion with people directly involved with child welfare. Rose Garland, a former foster child, had this to say about abuse in foster "care": "...every foster kid that I have ever talked to, including myself, have been abused in foster homes. And I'm talking physically, emotionally and sexually. That may not be the case for every child, but it was the case for me."

2. What was the last thing you complained about?

Keith's cigarette smoke. When we got together just over three years ago, he didn't smoke at all. He relapsed a year ago. We have a family agreement that he'll smoke only outside or in our bedroom, away from the kids. So I went into our bedroom to chat with him and the window wasn't open. Its a rainy day and earlier was snowing so its very cold here, but we usually keep our bedroom window open because I can't tolerate the smoke. Anyhow, that's the only thing I can recall complaining about today, and it was easily resolved - I opened the window and stood next to it breathing in fresh air.

3. Who was the last person you complimented and what did you say?

? Judging by the difficulty I'm having coming up with an answer, I must not compliment people quite enough. I remember complimenting one of the Happy Camp News columnists on a good piece of writing, "Compliance"... but that was Wednesday night, and this is Friday. I hereby resolve to find something to compliment each of my family members on within the next 24 hours.

4. What was the last thing you threw away?

An empty Crystal Geyser spring water bottle. Check out the link and take a tour of the bottling plant! Mt. Shasta water tastes sooooo good.

5. What was the last website (besides this one) that you visited?

Jenn's weblog - where I found the link to the Friday Five!

No comments:

Post a Comment