Saturday, October 09, 2010

Bigfoot - Bigfoot Jamboree - Bigfoot Sightings - Bigfooting

Just Bigfooting today, in my mind... because I've been focused on Bigfoot since 2005. That's five years of thinking about a marvelous monster I've never seen. Seems strange to me that I'm spending so much time on this! I started my Bigfoot research as a service to my community but since then have realized that (1) many people in my community don't appreciate my effort, and (2) many people in my community don't appreciate me, and (3) I often fantasize about living somewhere else.

That's not about Bigfoot, however. There are many factors that go into my community perspective. I dream of going elsewhere because I like to roam, I like to experience new places, and I'm an adventurer and always have been.

I haven't been to our community's Bigfoot Jamboree in years. Has the sheen worn off for me? There are many people in the community I love to pieces but when grand hooplas materialize I retreat. The last time I was there was to see Matthew Johnson give his talk about his Oregon Caves Bigfoot sighting experience - he told us what happened to him, his reactions to seeing a Bigfoot, and what he's done since to look for more Bigfoot evidence in Southern Oregon.

I started my Bigfoot blog way back in early 2005. It was one of the first Bigfoot blogs on the internet - I didn't know of any others at the time. I tend to be a trendsetter. Now there are dozens of Bigfoot blogs. A good idea whose time had come, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment