Monday, April 25, 2005

Mommy Angst

I've been informed by my daughter (age 16) that I'm in big trouble because I'm not perfect (let me count the ways) - obviously an occupational hazard when you're a MOM.

Mea Culpa Baby.

My shortcomings of the day: (1) mentioned that she consumes more than 50% of the ice cream locally whereas she accounts for only 25% of the local consumers, and (2) didn't buy enough when I went to the grocery store. Gee, I didn't have much to spend - could that have anything to do with it?

Now that I've been put in my place by the 16-year-old expert who also believes I should leave my dh because he doesn't do enough around the house... I think I'll have a party. (Looks like a pity-party to me. Please forgive me.)

Yesterday was my oldest child's 32nd birthday. Yes, that means I've been doing the motherhood thing for 32 years and I'M NOT PERFECT YET. Well excuuuuuse me. I think I need to give it up and retire. My youngest will be 15 on June 1. Yay.

I put a "Happy Birthday to Joshua" on my Coast to Coast AM Weblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment