Monday, April 28, 2003

PromoGuy's Monday Mission 3.17

1. Postmodernism (a popular philosophy of the current day) indicates that there are as many "truths" as there are people; nothing is absolute (however, by its very nature, even the word 'Postmodernism" resists definition). For yourself, what truths are absolute? Are there any absolute truths in the Universe?

I absolutely know there's a God... whatever you choose to call Him. I call Him the Universal One.

2. Do you believe that you are still "teachable?"

Yes, defintely. I'm still learning all the time.

3. To do something well, in most situations, requires study and practice. What's the most recent thing that you have done well as a result of study and practice.

I learned to make webpages using tableless CSS.

4. If you had the time/money, what do you want to lean how to do more than anything?

How to travel cross-country in an RV sightseeing and doing whatever else I want. (Sounds good to me - I think I could handle it.)

5. Those around us may often try to intervene, but ultimately each individual is responsible for the choices they make in life. Tell me about a recent situation where you had a decision to make, and those around you tried to influence or direct you. Were they successful? Was that "help" welcomed?

I earn money and want to keep it in a business account, but Keith says we need it for groceries. I keep telling him, if I save the money in my account I can grow my business with it. Then he asks me why I don't advertise in the newspaper. Well, unfortunately I don't have money - we spent it on food!

6. Things are much easier to accept when they are given by invitation rather than being forced upon us. When was the last time you rejected something because it was forced on you? How did it happen? Did you hold a grudge about it? Was it ever resolved?

I decline to state!

7. Are you the sort of person who questions everything, or are you able to accept things without someone providing you tangible proof?

I am skeptical... about most things... unless proven to me. For example... God. I would not believe so strongly but His existence was proven to me by personal experience. I believe He will be obvious and apparent to anyone who seeks Him with a humble heart and pure spirit.

BONUS: Ooo baby, do you know what that's worth?

Well, on Blogshares all the links to your site from the participants in your meme are worth a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment