Saturday, March 22, 2003

It seems like weeks since I've heard from my oldest daughter and much longer since I've heard from my oldest son. Is it just me or are others having trouble keeping in touch with their adult children? I missed so much of my daughters' childhoods. Being separated from them is the real tragedy of my life. It doesn't get much better just because we're all older, and I don't understand why my children aren't answering my emails. My son's computer has been unstable but still, something doesn't seem right. Maybe part of this is my distress over the war affecting my peace of mind in all areas of life.

I've been working on my new business, Klamath Design, part-time. I'm about to start advertising and making this a regular full-time business. I know there's enough business out there and I've worked hard to make my webdesigns better during the last year. The main reason why I'm keeping this Linda's Life site as-is --- is because I love that Cassat painting. :) Redesigning this page is real low on my list of prioritites.

This last month I worked on a short story for my local writers club and it turned out better than I expected. 1900 words. It is like a fantasy (paranormal?) folk-tale of the miners and Karuks here in the Klamath River Valley 150 years ago... fun to write and read. I read it to the writers club last Wednesday and they liked it!! I'm apparently the only fiction writer there but they put up with me.

Last week Dr. Matthew Johnson of Grant's Pass was on the Coast to Coast AM radio talk show with George Noory. Dr. Johnson is the psychologist who was walking throught the woods near Oregon Caves on July 1, 2000 with his family - and had a bigfoot sighting. You can read all about it on his website: Sasquatch Site. We went to Oregon Caves on my son's birthday that year, exactly one month to the day from the time Dr. Johnson had his sighting... but didn't take a walk in the woods. That's only about 50 miles from where I live.

Guess I'd better get back to work. I've been working at night again lately so I can get more done without distractions from the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment