Thursday, September 16, 2021

Post Fire Catch-You-Up



LONG year - after that fire... it was upheaval and unrest... all through my life. I spent two months in a hotel room in Yreka, courtesy of the Red Cross along with dozens of other families and single people left homeless by the fire. Then in November they wanted us all to leave, so I moved into my van for a month, then in December I was loaned a nice new 31' trailer by the local tribe of Native Americans. I've been living in it ever since.

Over 200 homes were burned in the Slater Fire on September 8, 2021. I lost my home, my daughter lost hers, and my son lost the home he was renting a room in. My son moved to another city but my daughter and I are still here in trailers. My land has been approved for living on and soon we may move over there.

Wonderful, strange, life-changing year.

 


 






 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment