Thursday, December 06, 2018

Cleaning It Up: my blog needs a lot of updating!

This is such an old blog, it needs cleaning up. I've had this blog since before Blogger.com was sold to Google.

I started blogging on a plain HTML website in the year 2000. At the time I didn't know about blogging sites and platforms. When I found out about Blogger.com I transferred my efforts over here. That was apparently in 2002, as that is when the earliest postings on this blog are from. If I ever find my earlier blog postings, I'll add them in. They are probably on some hard drive around here somewhere. I save everything, so much as I can. A lot of my early computers were trashed when I got them. It was hard, in those days.

Anyhow, there are a lot of dead links and missing images from early postings on this blog, and I'm going through them now to update, delete, and fix. So much work to do. That's what happens with old blogs.


Gratitudes:

1. I'm grateful for my blogging hobby. It has been a wonderful way of life.

2. I'm grateful for my new Fitbit. It reminds me to get up and walk 250 steps, then, when I've reached 250 steps, it buzzes me again and congratulates me! So sweet.

3. I'm grateful for blue sky and sunshine today, even though it is really, really cold out there.

Plan for the day:

1. Continue updating this blog's old postings. What a mess!

2. Clean the coffee pot.

3. Edit one of my novels.

Currently reading:

1. The Pursuit of God, by A.W. Tozer - reading chapter five

2. 12 Month Guide to Better Prayer for Women - I'm in chapter four.

1 comment:

  1. I've started rummaging through my oldest blog posts and finding many of them promoted eHow and Squidoo pages that I no longer have. Gathering a few paragraphs to repurpose here and there, then deleting the outdated pages.

    ReplyDelete