Friday, August 13, 2010

The "Take Action" File

I've labeled a file, "Take Action" ... and am sitting here wondering why it is so hard to actually accomplish these little tasks. I think my main problem has been a lack of organization. Maybe the new file will help focus my attention on things that need to be done. I've also got an ongoing to-do list on a spreadsheet that's helping me focus, if only on things that I honestly don't have time to do.

My commitment this year is to focus on one project at a time. First on my list was Literature For Kids - a domain name I've owned for years, that has had several previous incarnations. The most recent is a Drupal CMS. I've moved all my children's-literature specific postings to this domain now. I wanted twenty articles there, but it looks okay with just ten. I think I'll move on to something else now.

Next on my list is 1200 Calorie Vegetarian Diet. Maybe working on this site will inspire me to get back on my diet! It would be a good idea. (sigh) I don't suppose today's zucchini/garlic/onion* sandwich qualified... because I fried the zucchini in olive oil. Perhaps a deli sandwich would have been a better idea. Anyhow, I need to devise about ten suggested vegetarian menus for 1200 calories daily. It couldn't be too hard; in fact, I expect it could be a lot of fun.

* Just a brief brag: the zucchini and garlic came from my vegetable garden! ;) Now if I could just get some tomatoes to turn from green to red so I can eat them! I love onion and tomato sandwiches.

Besides taking action on my site-of-the-moment, I need to promote my Squidoo lenses, and do everything on my guilt list. Sad to say, it is kind of long at the moment, and all those items weigh heavily on my sub-conscious. I really should put that list first!

Okay, all that, plus a "Take Action" file which contains scraps of paper I came across while de-cluttering yesterday. These items should be added to the guilt list.

Oh, I have so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment