Saturday, May 31, 2003

I'm so glad the school closes in a week. Friday is my daughter's eighth grade graduation ... I'll just be so happy when its all over. School hasn't been good for her this year. She got in trouble. I ended up writing a civil rights complaint because of the way they treat her there. I just heard yesterday, the complaint is going to be investigated.

We got our new used car yesterday... a '91 Ford Tempo. Those of you with better cars probably aren't too impressed, but it feels like 'up' to us and we're very happy with it. Its clean and everything works. It needs a paint job just like most old Fords, but its so much better than my other car, I can't help but be thrilled. Finally we've got a working car radio and air-conditioning. How luxurious can you get? (No need to tell me.) I think this is the first time I've ever had a car with air-conditioning. I drove my daughter to Medford last night so we could spend the gift-cards my other daughter gave us. Wow, it was just a great ride and we had such a good time talking and getting to know each other better on the way home over Grayback. (Yes, the pass to Oregon is open again now - yay! - it closes due to snow every winter.)

Last month when we went to Medford in our old car, I was so stressed out and worried from the sounds it was making as we went over Mt. Ashland (ka-thwump, ka-thwump...) - we'd just purchased new front tires and it was pretty obvious that was the precursor to the problem. The day after we got back, a grinding noise started and we haven't been using it since. We decided instead of putting more money into it, we'd put a down payment on a newer and better car. So we've got that now. My son is having a great time cleaning and fixing up the old car out in the field. Probably some day we'll get the front end fixed for him to use.

Anyhow, we were thrilled with the smooth and pleasant ride to Medford and back. It takes three hours to get there. I sure like driving this new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment