Friday, April 25, 2003

Compliments

Compliment #1: (to my 14-yr-old daughter)... "I think that's really neat how you sat down and did your homework this morning right away when you got it. Its great that you love learning so much." Reaction: She shrugged, lifted an eyebrow or two, and then shrugged again. Didn't know what to make of it. lol

Compliment #2: (to my 12-yr-old son)... "Wow, you're cleaning the livingroom again? How nice! I just love the way you move the furniture around and make everything look fresh and beautiful in here." Reaction: Enthusiastic, he grabbed the broom saying, "I just moved the couch out like this so I could sweep behind it!" (Big smile.)

Compliment #3: (to my boyfriend)... "I just want to tell you how much I appreciate you getting all that wood for us and working so hard to make sure we'll be warm tonight. That was really thoughtful of you and we appreciate it." Reaction: He gave me more advice on how to build the fire.

Compliment #4: (to Mairi)... "Good doggie!" Reaction: She wagged her tail and looked at me with luminous, love-filled, brown adoring eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment